vrijdag 5 september 2008

clouds on your phone, new sensor, uptime

Just an update on cloudwatch.net uptime: the hosting is back at my place but now we're renovating which does bad things to the fulltime availability of electricity. And did I mention the telephone cable was ruptured (so no ADSL for a few hours)? Nonetheless I expect the worst to be over.

In other news, I've been developing an Android phone application which will connect to the cloudwatch.net website and alert you on cloud status - without you needing to turn on a pc! Since most of the android-capable phones will have wifi this will not cost you in mobile data charges.

There's also a new cloudwatch sensor on the market, have a look at AAG Cloudwatcher. It should cost 300 euro or less. I'm looking into providing support for this sensor, input from people actually owning one is appreciated (I'm also still looking for boltwood sky sensor owners)

Geen opmerkingen: